Sunday, September 16, 2012

Where is your maturity level at?

Well I fully intended to take the day off, and enjoy a full day of football, but when an idea pops into my head i have to take full advantage of it and put it on paper(so to speak). One of the upsides of having a blog is to be able to speak whatever is on your mind at the moment. I put in my opening post that this is not just a sports themed blog, but a view of life from my prospective. I have a really hard time separating myself from my emotions. My emotions form a deep part of my personality, and I think give my perspective a twist that most people try to ignore.

That being said, I want to tell you a story. This is a sad story. It has a sad beginning and a sad ending. It starts in Chicago. In 1871 a successful lawyers only son died at the age of four. Then the Great Chicago Fire ruined his law practice. This man decided to take his family to tour Europe. Being delayed by a zoning problem after the fire, he sent his wife and four daughters ahead of him, and he would follow as soon has the problems had been resolved. While crossing the Atlantic ocean the ship carrying his wife and daughters sank. All four of his daughters were lost at sea. His wife sent him a telegram "SAVED ALONE". He dropped what he was doing and race to cross the ocean to join his grieving wife. At the spot where the ship sank and his daughters drowned, he took out a pen and wrote down a few words.

       WHEN PEACE LIKE A RIVER ATTENDETH MY WAY
       WHEN SORROW LIKE SEA BILLOWS ROLE
       WHAT EVER MY LOT, THOU HAST TAUGHT ME TO SAY
        IT IS WELL, IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL.

Being a dad of at least two daughters,(maybe three the wife wont let me find out) I can not imagine what he was going though. As I was writing this down my eyes got misty because I don't even want to think about it. But this man lost almost everything that is really important. He had the maturity that even through mourning and sorrow, he had the frame of mind that he was going to trust God knew what he was doing. If he can do that after he lost all of his children, why cant i do that when we see a past due notice, come in the mail. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO PUT YOUR TRUST WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE?

Where is your maturity level at. Are you one that through the worst that life has to offer still looks up and says is that all you got, and put your trust in God that he will help you through it. Or are you the type of person that gets down on himself because something didnt go the way your expected. If I am truly honest with myself, I would probably have to put myself in the latter category. Be truly honest with yourself. If your not than that tells you right there where you are at. Only be admitting ones faults can one improve oneself.

That is my prospective from the Cheap Seats.


P.S. Go Lions Kick the Niners butts.


No comments:

Post a Comment