Monday, October 1, 2012

Confidence vs Arrogance

Well its been a while. I received a few good tips to make this blog better for you, after all that is why I do it. I don't want this to be about me, I want this to be about you. So when I post a something, its really for you to get something out of it the way I did. because if something moves a guy like me, then there is a really good chance that it might affect you. But I have decided that I will not post something unless I feel it is really important. I will not force issues just to post a blog.

With that being said, I bring you to the topic of today, Arrogance vs Confidence. For those of you who don't know me personally, let me take a second and tell you that I wasn't always as confident as I am now. I'm still not as confident as I want to be, but I am working on that. Growing up I was always a quiet kid, for the most part. I was the one that got picked on, on the play ground. I was the one that always got picked last for kickball. So looking back what was there to be confident about. It was that way almost until I graduated, when I found a group of friends that liked me for me, and not what I was trying to be. At that moment, I started to look at myself differently. I didn't care what other people thought of me and as long as I was happy with myself, that was all that mattered.

Until a few weeks ago, a friend at work told me that someone else at work was talking about me behind my back. "He is probably one of the most arrogant guys I have ever met" This got me thinking. Is what I thought was confidence really coming out as arrogance. If you think about it, there really is a fine line between the two. Me being confident in myself, was being perceived as me being arrogant. That is not what I wanted.

How did I cross the thin line that separates the two. As I look back, there is a point where I can see the footprints of my size thirteens clearly stepping over the line. Its time to throw the red flag and view the instant replay. After reviewing the play, the ruling on the field is confirmed. The players foot stepped over the line and is indeed in the arrogant zone...

The moment when I stopped caring what other people thought of me, to the point where it bothered me to deal with anyone that looked at things differently. That was the line and I clearly crossed it. So not that I think about it, how many others viewed my confidence as arrogance. I am truly sorry for that.  In attempt to show confidence and live without regret, I crossed the line and became something that I was trying to avoid. The good thing is that there is always more time to cross back over that line.

It feels so good to have you guys with me up here, so we'll talk more later about Life in the Cheap Seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment