Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I can't take it anymore!!!




I would like to take a second before I get into the deep dark areas of my mind, to congratulate the Detroit Tigers on their win last night to go up three games to none against the devils team, the Yankees. I would also like to take a second to say thank you to the Lions for taking five years off my life with that overtime victory on Sunday.

Now the good stuff. The past few months have been very stressful on me and my family. I’m not going to go into details, so I will leave it at that. At times I just want to rip what hair I have left out, and scream at the top of my lungs" I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE"... I feel like stress is driving wedges that should not be there between the people that should be the closest to you.

I heard the other day that stress is nothing more than a chance at improvement. There are two outcomes, you pass with flying colors, or you fall on your butt. Either way needs to be viewed as an opportunity for advancement. Pass or fail you now see what you need to work on. Let me put in another way. This last Sunday I was doing what I do every Sunday; watching my Lions. But just like my Lions they started out rather slow. Matthew Stafford had three very bad quarters, his throws were not very accurate, and he just seemed off.

Then came the fourth quarter. The Lions were down 16 to 6. The pressure was on. The stress starts to build. He threw over 200 yards to lead them to an overtime victory. Do you think he buckled under the stress or did he fall on his butt?

When stress builds to the point of crumbling you either take what you get and learn from it or you let it beat you. Take your butt into the video room and watch tape on yourself to learn from your mistakes when you did fall flat on your face. You also get to see what you did right when you conquered the stress and made the play.

This is very hard to do. Look at yourself in as an objective third party, and say "Right there... that’s where I dropped the ball," or "yup I saw blitz coverage and that left one on one coverage down the sideline for a wide open wide receiver."

Another point to look at is that when stress hits you, you need to tackle it as a team. Like I said stress handled poorly drive a wedge between you and your team mates. But on the other side stress handled correctly and forge a bond between team mates that is stronger than ever before.

I hope this find you, before it tears apart your team... Thanks for reading my Life in the Cheap Seats.

P.s. Please leave a comment on what you guys think after you read, it will help me make it better for you.


1 comment:

  1. You have a great view of life, and you teach me things with every issue!

    ReplyDelete