Friday, February 8, 2013

People think Im strange

Every morning on my way into work, I listen to a certain radio station... I have very happy when a few weeks ago this radio station started playing a new song by a band I loved when I was in High school. The song started and I immediately knew something was different.  I had the same feeling a few years ago when I learned that another of my favorite bands changed lead singers. It so happens that both of those bands chose lead singers from probably my favorite band growing up. DC TALK.

I was surprised when I heard Michael Taite took over as lead singer of the Newsboys. I was floored when I heard Kevin Max signed on to lead Audio Adrenaline. With Toby Mac doing well on his own. With all the members back on the radio, I decided to do a DC TALK day on Pandora.

With all this being said it leads me to my point. There are three songs that cut me to the quick, when I listen to them. WHAT AM I DOING? I don't know. I look at my life and see all my mistakes and downfalls and it kills me inside to know that I cant stop this human/sin nature that is at the very core of my being. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it looks like a far away star that I look at in the night sky. Glory just seems so far away.

Kamikaze, my death is gain
I've been marked by my Maker
A peculiar display
The high and lofty, they see me as weak
Cause I won't live and die for the power they seek

People think I'm strange but does that make me a stranger, that my best friend was born in a manger...

What if I stumble, what if I fall? What if I lose my step and I make fools of us all?
Will the love continue when my walk becomes a crawl?
Think about that. I mean really think about it. Chew on those words.

Is my life a display of my so called best friend? Am I content do take a lesser place in life if it means put more important things ahead of worldly power.

Do I really treat Jesus like my best friend. I am a terrible friend in that case. I find myself looking to glory and looking forward to seeing people that I have lost. WHAT AM I THINKING... I will finally get to meet my best friend face to face. Lost loved ones will have to wait their turn.

Then what happens when I do fail. Why does he still love me when I continuously treat him this way. Why did he save me when I continuously slap his hand away when he reaches down to pull me out of the water. Because that is what a best friend does. He sees you falling into the fire and grabs your shirt tale and pulls you to safety. So you can bet that I am going to do my best in this life to show him through me. SO PEOPLE MAY THINK I'M STRANGE AND THAT CAN MAKE ME A STRANGER, BECAUSE MY BEST FRIEND WAS BORN IN A MANGER.

Thanks for joining me on this edition of LIFE IN THE CHEAP SEATS half way to glory...

1 comment:

  1. Daddy said he thought that maybe dc talk was a little too worldly! Hehehe
    Remember how we had to fight him on that one!
    Sweetheart you really are growing into the man God has been preparing you to be! I'm so proud of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete